Building History

Nichols Concert Hall, opened in May, 2003, quickly established itself as one of Chicago’s premier venues for chamber music performances. Originally designed as a First Church of Christ, Scientist in 1912 by renowned Chicago architect Solon S. Beman, the building was sensitively restored as a state-of-the-art, 550 seat concert hall and music education center.

 

The converted building received the Richard H. Driehaus Award for best adaptive use by the Landmarks Preservation Council of Illinois. Music Critics, audiences and performers have hailed the excellent acoustics and elegant vaulted beauty of Nichols Concert Hall.