Supercharge your musical development
Dr. Daniel Baer, Chamber Music Program Director
MIC's Chamber Music program provides both a nurturing and challenging environment for students of all ages. Playing in a chamber music group is a great way to make new friends and collaborate with other musicians in a small group setting. Explore the rich and varied chamber music repertoire through weekly coachings and enjoy regular performance opportunities in informal settings and through community outreach, recitals at beautiful Nichols Concert Hall in downtown Evanston twice a year, and chamber music master classes are hosted by MIC for participants.
IS CHamber Music foR ME?
MIC's Chamber Music program is available for string, piano, woodwind, brass, harp, guitar, percussion, and voice students. Youth (age 8+) and adults at an intermediate or advanced level, with strong sight-reading skills, are encouraged to audition. Students studying privately outside the Music Institute are welcome to participate in the MIC chamber music program.
How are Chamber Groups Assembled?
At MIC, chamber music groups are formed very carefully. chamber music groups remain together for fall and spring semesters and are placed in ensemble configurations (i.e., duos, trios, quartets) based upon:
- Age, level, scheduling preferences, experience, and instrumentation
- Input and recommendations from teachers and parents are also considered
WHEN CAN I JOIN?
- Registration for chamber music occurs early in the summer for the upcoming academic year. Applications are reviewed once annually. Applications for the 2024 - 2025 school year will be available in late May.
- If you are interested in joining the program mid-year, please contact Dr. Daniel Baer.
- New participants:
- All new participants must submit an online application, including YouTube links to two contrasting pieces of your choice.
- Continuing students:
- Continuing students must submit the online application, but no video is required.
How much does it cost?
Tuition Rates: 2023-2024
Rates listed are per semester (15 weeks, weekly coaching).
- Chamber Music
- 45 minute - $431.25
- 60 minute - $553.50
- Chamber Music Duo
- 30 minute - $385.50
- 45 minute - $537.00
- 60 minute - $687.75
- Chamber Music Suzuki Plus
- 45-minute - $366.75
- 60-minute - $470.25
- Chamber Music Duo Suzuki Plus
- 30 minute - $327.75
- 45 minute - $456.75
- 60 minute - $585.00